Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Zucchini Nut Bread

Photobucket

This is my mother's recipe and it is quite good. I never liked zucchini growing up, but always loved this bread. You can make it with or without nuts, but I prefer nuts.

2 cups grated zucchini, skin on (3-5 depending on size)
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs lightly beaten
3 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts or pecans)

Slice zucchini and place in food processor. Grind until smooth. I add all the dry in a bowl then I add all the wet including the zucchini. Mix until creamy. Divide between two small loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

I usually freeze one so we can have it for later. I made this recipe (sans nuts) for my friend, Tiffany, since she was so kind and made us banana bread. Then I made it again (with nuts)!

No comments:

Post a Comment