Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tiered Platter

I saw this in a store and thought it was pretty neat, but refused to pay the mark up cost. So, I headed to consignment and thrift stores in search of the perfect plate. You want to find a glass that has a flat bottom and a wider mouth. This will help support the plate and anything you put on it. Flip the plate over and mark the center. Hot glue the glass bottom down on to the plate. The mouth of the glass will be the base. Let dry before use.

I am working on a two tiered plate. I could not find two plates that went together/matched (that I also liked) for a two tiered version. You want a wide mouthed based that is short in stature for the bigger plate. Short wine style glasses or even short candlestick holders will work for the base for the second tier.

I think it would be fun to do a holiday two tier for parties and family occasions. We love Halloween and Christmas in this house and I may do one for one of those holidays. Depending what kind of plates you use, you could use it solely for decorating purposes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment