Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good Finds

One of my favorite things to do is go to thrift/consignment stores in search of that one great item. Sometimes you find them, sometimes you don't but I love the quest. Lately, I have had a streak of good luck. My husband loves flannel and plaid shirts, but he prefers them not to look so lumberjack and sometimes that is all you find. I got a great navy, teal, and white flannel shirt at the Goodwill the other day. Today he was in search of camo shorts. We walked into Fantastic Thrift and to the mens pants/shorts section, found them in his size for $3 and rejoiced that we found them so fast. They were camo pants that I cut into shorts. He was so stoked. A week ago I was in search of two extra pub style chairs at a thrift store and lo and behold I found them. So exciting to find the stuff you are searching for and cheaper than retail. Sometimes it needs a tad TLC, but it is great when they don't! I need to change out the fabric on the seats, but once done I will post.

Thrift Stores:
Goodwill in Ashland passed VCC Mall
Goodwill on Broad Street
Fantastic Thrift on Main
Diversity Thrift near the Diamond
Books, Bikes, and Beyond on Brookland Park Blvd

Consignment Stores:
Class and Trash on Rt 1 in Ashland
Pass It On on Lakeside Ave
Consignment Connections on Lakeside Ave
Robins Nest on Lakeside Ave

Home Decor Boutiques:
Feathernesters on Lakeside Ave
Keep Good Company on Lakeside Ave
Embellish on Lakeside Ave
Shops at 1812 on Patterson
(All of these also sell local artists soap, linen water, jewelry, totes/bags etc..)

No comments:

Post a Comment