Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread

Photobucket

3 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
5 over ripe bananas, mashed
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup water
1 cup oil
1 tsp pumpkin spice plus a pinch extra
1 cup walnuts, toasted
3/4 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all the wet into one bowl and the dry in another and mix thoroughly. I mashed the bananas first with a potato masher then added the rest of the wet ingredients. I slowly added some wet to dry and mixed. I know it is usually the other way around, but the bowl I was using for the wet was too small. Grease two loaf pans and split batter between the two. Bake for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you use less bananas it will take less time. To toast walnuts place to baking pan and place in oven for 5-10 minutes or so. They can burn easily so keep an eye out. Can also toast them in skillet as well. I wasn't going to add the chocolate chips, but my husband really wanted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment