Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Garlic Broccoli with Goat Cheese

Bored with plain butter on my broccoli led to digging through the fridge to spice it up. While scarfing it down, I thought of my dear friend, Melissa, who I feel would love this easy addition to her already extra garlicky broccoli rendition.

I use one small head of broccoli since my husband is not a big fan. Fill steamer with water and add fresh herbs to water such as rosemary, basil leaves, thyme sprigs. Place broccoli in steamer and sprinkle with minced garlic. I did about a tablespoon and then threw in some more. My steamer takes about 10 minutes for broccoli. When it is almost done, cut a slice of goat cheese and place in small bowl. The goat cheese is soft and will crumble. You do not a whole lot. Place in microwave for about 5-7 seconds just so it can get a tad softer so it spreads better. Put garlic broccoli on plate, butter, and top with cheese.

I ate it all before I remembered to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I ate it all before I remembered to take a picture.

    HAHAHAHAH. I love you.

    ReplyDelete