Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pie


Prepared Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup boiling water
2 oz semi sweet baking chocolate (2 cubes)
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
4 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup milk
mini chocolate chips

When I was making my tea this morning, I added more water to the kettle for the boiling water part.  I measured out one cup and poured it into a saucepan.  Add chocolate and let it get soft.  I waited about five minutes to steep my tea and enjoy a few sips. Turn on the burner to a low heat. Add sugar and stir. Add cornstarch and continuously stir until combined. Add softened butter and stir until combined. Remove from heat. I poured the chocolate mixture into a 4 cup measuring cup. Pour it into the crust until only 1/4 to 1/2 is left in the measuring cup. Place in the freezer until hardened.

In a bowl, add peanut butter, milk and sifted powdered sugar. You do not need to sift the powdered sugar if you do not want to. The peanut butter may be lumpier, but it will not ruin the taste! I just wanted everything to be really smooth.  Spread on top of the hardened chocolate. Top with mini chocolate chips if you want to.

This is not a classic peanut butter pie recipe.  Usually it has cream cheese and/or heavy cream in it.  But this is just as tasty and very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment