Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sun-Kissed Skin Spray

This is a healing and refreshing spray for the skin.  It is also great for frizzy hair and adds shine.  Store in a spray bottle in the fridge and it will last the summer. I plan on bringing it along with me when we venture to the river/bay/ocean.  Always good to be prepared!

-20 drops of lavender essential oil
-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
-500ml pure aloe vera juice
-contents of 5-6 vitamin E liquid capsules

1. Add the essential oil to the vinegar and stir.
2. Add the aloe vera and vitamin E capsules. You will need to make a slit and squeeze out the contents. Stir.

Store in a spray bottle and shake before each use.  Keep refrigerated.

This is great for when you get too much sun and you need to cool down.  I just started using it on my hair so stay tuned.  It does not make my hair feel any different texture wise.

The aloe vera juice needs to be pure.  I got the Fruit of the Earth Brand and I got a gallon of it at Walmart for about $8.  I found it at health food stores too.

This was in the book, Feeding Your Skin by Carla Oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment