Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sausage and Potato Scramble with Scrambled Eggs and Blueberry Bread

We love brinner in this house.  I love breakfast food, just not the time breakfast is usually eaten.

I have a very small oven with only one rack and this is the order I cooked everything in.  You can make the bread the day before, but it is amazing warm! I got this recipe from A Better Homes and Garden Cook Book except I added the vanilla.

Blueberry Bread:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk or orange juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine dry separately and then wet separately.  Add wet to dry and stir.  Fold in blueberries and nuts (optional).  I made mine without nuts because I was out. I did have pine nuts, but that would be disgusting.  Grease a loaf pan and pour batter into the pan. Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour.

While that was baking I straightened up the kitchen table.  This also killed time because I was waiting til my husband was almost home to start on the rest. I got this recipe from one of those grocery store mailers that has coupons and recipes.

Sausage and Potato Scramble
1 lb country style sausage
1 small onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 (20oz) bag home fries potatoes
Vegetable Oil
1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Oven is already heated to 350 degrees.  Chop onion and green pepper and add to a skillet. Add sausage and cook until sausage is done.  Transfer to a deep 8x8 or 9x9 dish.  You can make the home fries in the same skillet. You make these according to the package which is where the oil comes into play.  I do not know if it was me, but I found these a bit difficult.  I feel like my skillet was too small even though it is a large cast iron skillet. I ended up making them in small batches and when done adding them to the 9x9 dish. Once done place the dish into the oven for about 10-15 minutes.  Take out and top with cheese and cook until melted.


Stevo's Scrambled Eggs
4-8 eggs depending how much you want
A bit of milk
A few shakes of Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Pepper
Cheese (optional)

Add all ingredients to a bowl except the cheese. Add to skillet. Stir so the eggs break up and "scramble". Add cheese and keep stirring. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment