Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homemade Meatballs

This recipe is easy but a tad time consuming.  A friend told me how she makes hers but really you can add whatever you want.  She does not really measure so a lot of it was guess work.

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tbs minced garlic
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbs dried oregano (I could not find fresh)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (but honestly you could use anything- asiago, romano, locatelli...)
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
A lot of pepper- I did not measure I just kept shaking

I unwrapped the beef and put it in a bowl and mashed it together.  I added the eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar and mixed. I plucked off the rosemary and broke it up. Add the oregano.  Chop the parsley and mix.

You can make them any size you like. I guess mine were medium. I made one and cooked it in a skillet to see if I needed to add anything. Once I was happy I rolled them all into balls and placed them in a greased baking pan.  Cook at 350 for 15-30 minutes depending on how big or small you made them.

They freeze well.  Arrange them on a pan or in a large plastic ware container and put them in the freezer until hard. Bag them in freezer bags or in containers that freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment