Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

My aunt made these and when I asked the recipe she said it was a family secret. I am sure I looked confused considering I was her niece.  I also knew that no one in my family except a select few really liked Mexican food. She finally came clean and said that the recipe is on the back of the Old El Paso Green Enchilada Sauce can.

1 lb chicken breasts (I used 4 or 5 breasts depending on the size)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (I used vegan cream cheese since I can't have the regular kind)
1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso chopped green chilies
2 cans (10 ounces each) Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
1 package (12 count) flour tortillas for soft tacos/fajitas in medium size
Mexican/Nacho shredded cheese mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x13 pan or two 8x8's.  Let the cream cheese come to room temperature. I boil the chicken because it is faster. Cut/shred chicken and place in skillet.  Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet.  Heat until melted. Add chilies and mix.

Spoon mix into each tortilla.  Roll and place seam down in the baking dish. Do until chicken mix is gone.  Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with cheese.  The recipe says to use 3/4 cup cheese, but I do not measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment