Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Creamy Potato Bake

I got this recipe from the 4 Ingredients Facebook site. The idea behind 4 Ingredients is to provide families with easy recipes that even children will like. You can find other great recipes on that website as well. If you "like" them on Facebook then you can get more recipes too!

To be honest, I feel this recipe needs some tweaking. My husband says it is good, but I feel it needs some spices. I feel that if you switch up the cheese, it will add a great deal of extra flavor. Maybe Havarti or Gouda?
3 large russet potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp crushed garlic (I used the wet minced in a jar)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Peel and slice the potatoes into one inch pieces (similar to scalloped potatoes).  I steamed mine for about 15-20 minutes. In a bowl combine the sour cream and garlic.  It is kind of a rule in our house that we always add a bit more garlic than the recipe calls for. Add in one cup of the cheese and stir.

Add a layer of the potatoes and then spread on some of the cream mixture.  Add another layer and then some more cream. When finished, top with the left over half cup of cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Notes: Next time I would use a deeper dish that is a lot smaller in width.  I would use red or yellow small potatoes and quarter them instead of slices or I would still slice them and use the smaller potatoes. I would also add pepper, salt and some sort of other spice such as paprika. I would love to try this using a different cheese as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment