Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Upcycled

One of my favorite things are goods that have been upcycled.  Upcycling is the process of converting otherwise useless goods/materials into a new product. I am sure you have heard of it since it is a trend now. I went to the Virginia Christmas Market in Doswell, VA.  Many vendors had Christmas decor or gifts that would be great for Christmas.  Most are local to the area.  One vendor really caught my eye.



Company is called  Bottle Hood and she makes beer/wine/liqour bottles into drinking glasses.  She has other non-alcoholic bottles as well. By slicing off the top portion of the bottle and smoothing it out creates a lovely drinking glass. I got a kick out of it and I knew my husband would too. Such a great gift! I was going to wait to put this in his stocking, but I just had to show him. So neat!

She does local craft shows or you can contact her and come to her house. Her name is Tammy Mormando and email is tammy@bottlehood.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment