Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are my husbands favorite cookies and they are so easy. I was eating my oatmeal and reading the container and I saw this recipe. I already had all the ingredients so I decided to whip some up!


Found on the back of the Old Wessex Irish Style Oatmeal

3 cups Old Wessex Irish Style Oatmeal (or any steal cut oatmeal)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon (I chose nutmeg)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup honey or maple syrup (I chose syrup)
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray cooking sheets with cooking oil. Comebine the dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl add butter and put in the microwave until melted. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Add wet to dry and blend. Add walnuts and chocolate chips. Using melon baller (about a tablespoon) drop onto the cookie sheets. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until done. Let cool on sheet for a minute or so and then move to wax paper on the table.

Also, this is an almost vegan recipe.  I cannot have lactose so I use dairy free butter in all cooking. I always use the dairy free chocolate chips too. If you are vegan just use the egg replacer for this recipe. So easy! I sometimes do not advertise that it has dairy free ingredients because some people are hesitant to taste it. But you can never tell so it is fun to let them know later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment