Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chicken Roast

1 small whole chicken
1 lemon
1 orange
fresh rosemary sprigs
half an onion
salt
pepper
butter, melted

Rinse chicken and remove innards.  Brush chicken with butter. Cut lemon and orange in half.  Squeeze inside and over top of chicken. Cut some of the skin away from the breast part and stuff it with 2 rosemary springs and sliced onion. Stuff cavity with lemons, oranges, onions and 2-3 rosemary sprigs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place in oven bag and follow directions on box. Place in baking dish and cook at 350 degrees until done. If you do not have oven bags then place in a roasting pan.

I have been making a large bird on Sundays lately so we have it for lunches during the week. Also good when you do not want to cook dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Suggestion : can you put nutrition info on your posts [if you have it]? It would be SO helpful! :]

    And I still havent cooked a bird yet by myself. Maybe when you are up next, we can do that together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have it or can figure it out then yes I will. But for this one, I cannot imagine it being too much. Some chickens come seasoned with salt you just have to look at the ingredients. If that is the case then I do not add much salt.

    Do you know of some chart online to figure out nutrition in your own recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually the nutrition facts are listed on the websites that Im getting the recipes from. And, ideally, Id like to get some healthy cook books & work my through those as well.

    I dont know of any charts. :[

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I just throw things together so I will need to figure out how to do that. Oh, math.

    ReplyDelete