Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thrifting

I like to decorate with books.  I got this lovely idea from my mother in law. It gives height to the surface you are decorating and also displays books better than on a book shelf. Today I found a mason type jar with a locking device and some unique books that were written between 1910-1930.  Some had handwritten messages to friends and one was actually from the author to a friend. Maybe this will get me on antique roadshow! One of the books had three four-leaf clovers tucked inside. I can't imagine how long they have been there. I was so shocked. I have never been fortunate enough to find one let alone three. I took it as a sign to buy it. Some people just get lucky. Well, I might have to buy mine. I tucked it on the shelf next to my bed. I am superstitious enough to hope that it will aid in warding off any bad luck that may come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment